What steps will the American government take?

As Paola Bacchetta points out, ‘Italy has suspended everyone’s mortgage and utility bills. France is canceling all utility bills and letting everyone ride public transport for free. Spain has nationalized all private hospitals and medical staff. In Denmark, to deal with the corona economic fallout the State will cover 75% of wages of workers who have been let off, and companies will cover the other 25%.’

Also, in Norway, the government said it would remove the three-day waiting period between the point at which companies stop paying employees’ salaries and the time unemployment benefits begin, to help keep the income of those laid off stable.

What steps will the American government take besides injected $1.5 trillion into the financial system and supporting airlines and cruise ships? Because, you know, corporations are people too.

Leave a Reply